How To Install Anope 2.0 IRC Services
Si instalohen Anope 2.0 IRC Servise
- wget http://shkarko.zemra.org/irc/Anope%20Services/anope-1.8.9.tar.gz
- tar xfz anope-1.8.9.tar.gz
- rm -rf anope-1.8.9.tar.gz
- cd anope-1.8.9.
- make or gmake
- make install
- cd ..
- cd services
- cp example.conf services.conf
- edit services.conf
- ./services (to run anope services)
Upgrade Anope Services 1.8 to Anope 2.0
- Install Anope 2 to a separate directory from your old install ( ~/newservices)
- Copy 1.8’s databases to the ‘data‘ directory of your new install.
- Configure services, the configuration files are located in the ‘conf’ directory.
Anope 2 uses a different configuration file format from 1.8, you will have to reconfigure them completely.
Use your old configuration as a reference.
- While configuring, be sure to load db_old, which loads the old 1.8.x databases, and db_flatfile, which writes out the new Anope 2 database.
Ensure that the hash method in db_old’s configuration block is the same encryption method that you are currently using on 1.8.
Load the correct encryption module, which is the same one configured in db_old.
- Start services. Once you confirm your database has been successfully imported, comment or remove db_old from the configuration file, so that the next time services restart, they will load the newer database.
IMPORTANT NOTE: it is not recommended to use (and therefore install) Anope as root. Use an unprivileged user instead -- the one you're using for the ircd or a dedicated one will be good enough.
The very first thing you need to do is to get the Anope package (if not already done).
wget https://github.com/anope/anope/archive/2.0.7.tar.gz tar zxvf 2.0.7.tar.gz rm -rf 2.0.7.tar.gz cd anope-2.0.7 ./Config cd build make make install cd services/bin ./services (to start your services)